by Dave Lerner
Sorry about the absence. I hope to be back by
September 15 October 6, with a full explanation. Or, at least, a decent excuse.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]
for a different message)
Notes for Part 1: Ante Up
Chapter 1: The Worthy Ones:
- The Essencia speaks in white (#FFFFFF) Tempus Sans ITC
- I think calling Banny and Lissa 'the Worthy Ones' is
hilarious. But you'll need to see them in (in)action to
Chapter 2: The Binghamton Little
- I've actually seen some vicious infighting, and
friendships ruined, in small "fun" groups. I've
seen people do almost anything to become president of a
club w/ fewer than ten members. Never saw anyone killed
over it, though.
- On Rosemary's red folder, the words 'BINGHAMTON LITTLE
THEATRE TROUPE' are in Umbrella (typewriter) font. It's
actually a bit tough to read, but looks cool.
- When Rosemary's hand expands, the word 'expanded'
increases in font size.
- This marks the first appearance of the Tricryptogon.
Chapter 3: Things Take A Turn For
Chapter 4: Enter Mr. Fwuzzums And
- Mr Fwuzzums speaks in maroon (#000000) Arial Black
Chapter 5: Well, That Explains
Chapter 6: Right The First Time:
- "'Worthy'. Obviously, the word can't mean what I
thought it did."
This line is loosely based on the
"inconceivable" line from The Princess
Chapter 7: Toy Story:
- I'm sorta combining two different jobs I had to create
the jobs here. I actually was a stripper, as in I
stripped baked-on aluminum off metal material-holders
- PowerPuff Girls is a personal favorite of mine.
Chapter 8: First Night On The Job:
- I'd gotten a temp job this same day. But my job only
lasted a couple of days.
Chapter 9: Hi Ho, Hi Ho:
- When I was in the hospital, I'd go outside with the
smokers. I don't smoke, but I wanted fresh air.
- When I was young I tried to pick up smoking. I'd tried a
little in high school, with tobacco and rolling papers,
but this was my first serious effort. Just as I was
getting good at it, Just as I was no longer getting high
off the cigarette, I caught a terrible chest cold. I
couldn't smoke while I had the cold, and by time I
recovered I would have had to start all over again. I
figured it wasn't worth it.
Chapter 10: Where There's
- Actually, I had screwed up, and had Chuckie say 'Robbie'.
I changed it.
Chapter 11: ...There's Fire:
- Banny's Jacket speaks in Monospaced font
Chapter 12: Antonio:
Chapter 13: Lucky 13:
- "Damn! What are you, Banner, the Incredible
I swear I did not have this joke in mind when I named
Banny. Or even when I decided to have Chuckie use formal
names instead of nicknames.
Chapter 14: Going South:
Chapter 15: Allow Me To Explain,
Chapter 16: Join Us, Mr. Bond.:
- Lissa's blouse speaks in Monospaced font
size="2". Talking clothing! Only at Banny And Lissa!
Chapter 17: What Could Possiby Go
Wrong On Friday The Thirteenth?:
- Well, for one thing, I could misspell 'Possibly'. I fixed
it, but I'm preserving the error here.
- The label on the barrel is in Stamp font.
- I'm not big on references to bodily fluids or bodily
functions. Enjoy these while you can.
Chapter 18: Where Everybody Knows
Your Name, And They Want To Eat Your Brains:
- I'm perversely proud of this chapter title.
- Wow, I made a bunch of typoes. I think I got them all.
Chapter 19: The Decision:
- Technically, inflammable is correct. However, flammable
is frequently used, to avoid a dangerous
Chapter 20: Knock-Down Drag-out:
Chapter 21: Bustin' Loose:
Chapter 22: Answers And Questions:
- I asked a nurse and and an EMT I know for some of the
medical background. Then ignored what they said and went
ahead with what I wanted to have had happened.
Chapter 23: The Physics Of Magic:
- I actually want to have the physics as accurate as
possible. This isn't Loony Tunes or a 1950's superhero
comic book. Except for magic, the laws of physics are as
we know them, know they might be, suspect they might be,
or at least don't know they can't be. Magic has its own
rules, of course, but it has to interact with the reality
and the real laws of physics. If you think you've caught
me in a mistake, please let me know so I can tell you why
you're wrong or make up some "magic" to explain
- Yes, I know you shouldn't let a dog drink alcohol. You
probably shouldn't let a dog lecture you in the physics
of magic, either.
Chapter 24: Blooper Reels:
- I'm somewhat uncertain about this one. It's funny, but it
shatters the fourth wall, and I'm a little uncertain
about whether or not that is right for Banny And Lissa.
This chapter need not be considered canonical. It's just
- Most of the characters speak in the same font as when
they first appeared. However, in Mr. Fwuzzums' line:
- "Leave the dog out of this," said the
dog. "Let me try that again. Leave the dog-
lea- leave the- (ahem) Leave the dog out of this.
There we go. Sorry about that."
- Everything before and including the (ahem) is
normal default. The rest is Mr. Fwuzzums'
standard maroon (#000000) Arial Black
Go to notes for Part
2: New Friends And Old
Bring your friends into the Gonspiracy! Tell them about
and get their eternal gratitude, and a chance to win $10,000 and a Sony DVD Player, because using your friends for your own personal enrichment, and having them owe you for it, is the gonner way!
The Most Recent (Mis)Adventure |
The Message Board |
The Store |
Copyright © 2003
Dave Lerner Stories (note that to use the mailto you'll need to edit it in your 'send to' window. I apologize, but I've already lost one address to spam, and if I get inundated again, I won't have time to read your letters.) - All Rights Reserved. Note that this includes images of the Tricryptogon, and the name "Tricryptogon".